This dish is on the menu at Inside Restaurant this week. The key to the success of this dish lies in the bold seasoning and careful cooking of the cod.
- The first step is to ensure the cod is completely dry, as any moisture will cause the cod to stew in the pan rather than roast.
- Place it on kitchen paper to draw out the moisture and then season generously with salt and pepper.
- Heat a thin layer of vegetable oil in a non-stick pan. Gingerly place in the cod (skin side up) and leave it to fry without moving it, over a high heat, until a crust starts to form. Add a knob of butter and place in the oven for a few minutes until the fish is cooked.
- Remove the pan and add some diced chorizo and capers and sauté for a minute.
- Add a squeeze of lemon juice, chopped parsley, and a generous knob of butter until it browns slightly. Season to taste.
- Place the cod on the lentils, cavolo nero and green beans. Spoon over the chorizo and caper butter.