Simple & quick to make flapjacks are a great way to introduce kids to cookery. I made a batch on Monday with my eldest daughter and she happily weighed out the ingredients and beat them all together. unfortunately she took a tin of them to school on Tuesday, so I only got to eat 3.
300g unsalted butter
100g dark muscovado sugar
150g golden syrup
450g jumbo rolled oats
- Pre-heat oven to 160C.
- Line a 30cm x 20cm baking tin with baking paper. Scrunch it up first so it sits into the corners.
- Melt the butter in a large pan & stir in the sugar, syrup & salt.
- Stir well to combine & then stir in the oats.
- Pour into the tin & press down evenly with the back of a fish slice to compact the mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes by which time it should be a lovely golden hue.
- Allow to cool completely in the tin.
- Carefully turn out & cut into neat squares.