Simple to make and very tasty, banana bread makes a wonderful brunch dish. If, like me, you are lucky enough to have a very competent egg breaker, masher and stirrer working with you, then the mix can be prepared in less than 10 minutes.
250g Plain Flour
2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
2 Bananas – ripe
250ml Creme Fraiche
125g Unsalted Butter – diced & soft
250g Caster Sugar
2 Eggs – lightly beaten
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
125g Dark Chocolate Chips/buttons
50g White Chocolate Chips/buttons
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Butter & flour a small loaf tin (19 x 11 cm).
- Sift flour & baking powder unto a large bowl.
- Mash the banana with the creme fraiche, sugar, vanilla & soft butter.
- Mix in the eggs and the chocolate.
- Gently fold in the flour. Don’t overwork the dough.
- Pour into the tin and bake for about an hour, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Leave in the tin for five minutes then turn out onto a wire rack to cool.