What a busy weekend we just had. Fully booked for dinner and lunch at Inside Restaurant. Fully booked for dinner at our new first floor restaurant Guy Awford at The Guildford. And fully booked for Sunday lunch downstairs at The Guildford Arms. Added to that we catered a private event in an amazing penthouse flat in Island Gardens on Saturday evening, cooking canapes and bowl food for 60 guests.
It was, therefore, a nice change of pace to cook with my daughter at home on Monday. We made 2 trays of dark chocolate cookies; I weighed and she mixed. Despite the relaxed occasion we still managed to have the cookies in the oven and the kitchen tidied within 20 minutes. Efficiency can be fun!
Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies
125g unsalted butter
1.25 cups brown sugar
0.5 teaspoon vanilla essence
1.5 cups plain flour
0.5 teaspoon baking powder
1.5 cups dark chocolate chunks
- Heat oven to 180C.
- Beat the butter & sugar until pale & fluffy.
- Beat the egg & mix into the creamed butter with the vanilla.
- Sift the flour & stir into the mix with baking powder & salt.
- Stir in the chocolate pieces.
- Form into golf ball size balls & place onto an oven tray lined with grease-proof paper. Leave plenty of space between each cookie as they will flatten and spread out.
- Cook for about 15 minutes until a light gold colour.
- Cool for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.