Sometimes, when I get home after a long hard day, just the thought of cooking dinner leaves me exhausted. I want to throw something in the oven. No fuss, no stress. If it tastes great, well that’s a bonus. My favourite solution has to be a quick roast chicken leg supper. Unbelievably easy to prepare, it’s filling, nutritious and lovely with some mayonnaise.
Roast Chicken Leg with Potatoes, Red Pepper, Onions & Garlic – serves 2
2 Chicken Legs
2 Maris Piper Potatoes – cut into thick discs
1/4 Butter Nut Squash – cut into chunks
1 Red Pepper – quartered & seeded
1 Red Onion – peeled & halved
4 Cloves Garlic
Rosemary – roughly chopped
- Oil a non-stick baking tray.
- Slice the potatoes into thick discs & place with the onions into the tray.
- Cut the legs in half to give 2 thighs & 2 drum sticks & lay on the potatoes with the squash.
- Scatter over the garlic & rosemary.
- Drizzle with oil.
- Bake at 190C for 40 minutes.